Ring Doorbell: The best Doorbell camera
With the advancement in technology, the demand for smart devices is increasing rapidly. The same goes for the Doorbells. With new technology, Ring brings you a smart doorbell to ease your work. The product comes with a built-in battery which means, no need for a wired method for power supply. It provides the front door security with the video doorbell and you can answer the door from anywhere with the ring app login. Moreover, it comes with motion sensors and sends alerts if there is any activity. You can see, hear and speak anytime you want and to anyone in front of your door through your phone. Here, you will learn the easy to do ring doorbell pro installation and setup. You need to login into your ring app for the setup process. If you encounter any issues you will be able to resolve them with the troubleshooting methods and reset process. Let’s get started with the best features of the Ring Doorbell.
The best features of Ring Doorbell
The Ring doorbell comes with smart technology that makes it easy to use and control. Given below are some of the best features of the ring doorbell.
Get started by connecting your Ring Doorbell to the Wi-Fi
The first thing that you have to do is connect your Ring Doorbell to the Wi-Fi and then you can do the ring doorbell app login. Check out the easy steps below.
Steps for Ring App Login process
It is not a hard thing to do the ring app login. You can do it effortlessly with your smartphone. Once you are done with the login process, you can do the ring doorbell pro installation and setup. See the easy to do login steps below.
- For the initial, you have to download the Ring app from your App Store or the Play Store.
- Go to the App Store or Play Store and search for “Ring”
- You will see the ring app, you have to download the app and install it.
- Alternatively, you can also download the app from ring.com/app.
- You have to open the Ring app.
- There, choose the “Create Account” option.
- Now, you have to follow the instructions on the screen.
- With that, you will be done with the login process.
- Now, to login to your account, you have to open the ring app.
- You have to enter the login credentials and click on the Login button
- Now, you are logged into your ring account.
Ring doorbell setup instructions
Once you are logged into your ring app, you can easily do the setup. You can follow the ring doorbell setup instructions below.
Guidelines for Ring Doorbell Installation
When done with the setup process, the next thing you have to do is the installation of your device. Here you will get some easy ring video doorbell installation instructions. It is not a time taking process once you are all done with the setup process. You can check out the ring doorbell pro installation manual below.
Troubleshooting the issues with Ring Doorbell
If you are having a hard time while doing the ring doorbell pro installation and setup of your Ring Doorbell, there is nothing to worry about. You can resolve them easily with some easy troubleshooting steps provided here.
How do you reset the ring doorbell for a new owner?
If you are moving out and want to know how do you reset the ring doorbell for a new owner? You can do it easily without any problem. See the steps for reset below.
Detailed step by step tutorial on ring doorbell 3 and Pro 2
First, it was the ordinary doorbells which were later innovated to have more smart features such as a microphone. And after that came the doorbell with the video features. And that is very ideal because not only can you quietly communicate with whoever is at your door, but you can see them as well. Furthermore, this is a very good security initiative for every home to prevent a few incidents in their homes. In addition, the setup and installation process is easy to perform. With the right guide, you will not have to spend a lot of time installing the ring doorbell device.
Installation of your Ring Video Doorbell 3 via the Ring App
The setup is not complicated at all. And also, this setup guide is straightforward which will help you comprehend the steps on time. But before we begin the setup, the major thing you need to do is to download the Ring app from Google PlayStore or Apple store.
- First and foremost, you have to charge the battery that came with the package. Use the USB cable that also came along with the package. The green light indicates a fully charged battery.
- When the battery is fully charged, unplug it. Go to your Ring video doorbell 3 and insert the battery in its rightful portion. Note that after you have inserted the battery, if you do not hear a “click” sound, it means it has not been properly fixed. Otherwise, you will hear the sound.
- Next, open your Ring app and login to your Ring account. If you do not have an account, you have to create one. There is nothing to be worried about, the app will display an instruction on how you can create the account.
- After you must have successfully logged in, the next thing is to select the “Setup Up a Device” option. Under that, select “Doorbells”.
- Subsequently, you have to scan the QR code. You can as well use the Barcode. Both of this data can be found on a sticker right on the pdevice.
- Proceed by opening your smartphone camera. Position the camera over the QR Code or the Barcode. Immediately it captures any of the codes you decide to use, it will automatically redirect you to the next stage of the setup.
- However, if you are not able to scan any of the codes, choose the “Setup Without Scanning” option. After that, choose the “Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus” option.
Setting up your location for full setup
If your location is not set, you may not enjoy a fully functional Ring Video Doorbell 3 .
- Next, there is a need for the Ring app to have access to your location. If you have not enabled it, select “Allow” on the on screen request for access to your location.
- Next, you have to fill out the address field. Afterward, confirm it. Supposing you have registered that location before, you can just choose it again.
- Furthermore, you have to give a name to your device. You will find a list of names you can choose from. However, if you would like to customize the name, just select “custom” and then input the name you prefer.
- Subsequently, there is a black button on the front of the device, press it. You will notice a white spinning color and while that is still happening, select the “Continue” option on the app.
Connecting your Ring Video Doorbell 3 to the internet
- To proceed with the setup, you have to connect to the Ring wifi for a short time. Therefore if you find a request on your screen asking for permission to join the Ring network, grant the access. Or it may automatically join by itself. It may also happen that your device may not connect automatically. You have to manually make the connection. Go to the wifi settings of your phone and connect to the Ring network there.
- Remember it was only connected to your Ring wifi for a short time. Now you have to connect your Ring device to your home network. On your app, you will locate your wifi name and connect to it by typing in your password. Nonetheless, make sure that your wifi’s network has a strong signal in the place you will be mounting your Ring device.
- Select “Continue”
- Finally, it is time to test what you have set up. This is very simple, all you have to do is to press the front button on your device and that will make a dummy call. This action engages the software of your device and it is ready for use.
Installing the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2
You can implement this setup for the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 to complete it smoothly. Before you begin, take note of this. Because this installation involves touching wires for electricity, it is advised that you hire a technician. Otherwise, you have to be very careful.
- Firstly, you have to locate where your previous chime is. If you do not know its location, try pressing the doorbell and trace the sound to its source. That is where the chime is. And this is also to confirm that the doorbell is still working.
- Next, because it is good to be very careful of electricity, you will need to turn off the breaker control of your doorbell chime. However if you do not know which one is for your door chime, it is best to turn off the whole circuit breaker.
- It’s time to install the Pro Power Kit. Just in case if you have a power kit installed before, you will need to remove it and install the new one for the new doorbell.
- Afterward, you have to uncover the chime because you need to reach inside.
- In the chime, you will find two screws labelled “Trans” and “Front”. Carefully, undo those screws but ensure that you do not damage the wires attached to them. Set them aside securely.
- Subsequently, link a wire from the Pro Power Kit to the terminal labeled “Front” in the chime and the other wire to the terminal labelled “Trans”. Then fasten back both screws securing the wires.
- Carefully place your Pro Power Kit in a place it cannot move around and cover the chime.
Connect your Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 to the chime
- Unmount your previous doorbell dutton and remove the wires too. Keep the wires from falling back into the hole.
- Take your Ring Pro 2 and remove its faceplate carefully and softly.
- Mark its screw point on the wall it will be installed.
- Afterward, go to the back of your Ring Pro 2 and loosen both screws a bit. Now take the wires from the previous doorbell and position them round the loosened screws. Then go ahead to fasten the screws tightly.
- Furthermore, position your new doorbell according to the marks you have made and screw it firmly to the wall.
- Turn back on the power from your circuit breaker box.
- Finally, you can place back the faceplate. And then using the security screw, secure the faceplate from the bottom of your Ring device.
With the information provided here, it will be a great help setting up ring doorbell without any problem. If there is any query or you want to know anything about your ring doorbell, you can give us a call on our toll-free number. You can also send us an email or chat with us through our website.